Happy Valentine’s Day from MathVids!
To show our love and appreciation for your loyalty to MathVids, we have been busily making MathVids into one of the premier education sites on the internet. Since last month, we have added much better search functionality. If you have been disappointed by the MathVids lesson search in the past (as I know I have been), give the new search a try. We think you’ll love it!
Additionally, we have added many more videos, filling in some of the gaps in our topic coverage. Included in the lessons that have been recently added are the following:
From Julie Harland:
- Synthetic Division
- Triangle Angle Word Problems
- Graphing Linear Inequalities in 2 Variables
From Brian McLogan:
- Solving One- and Two-Step Equations
- Solving Systems of Equations
- Translating Words to Expressions
- Translating Expressions to Words
- Odd/Even, Increasing/Decreasing, Piecewise, and Absolute Value Functions
- Operations with Fractions
- Slope / Writing Equations for Lines
- Sets and Set Notation
We are still working on some revolutionary new ideas we have in mind for a way that teachers and students can interact without breaching any personal boundaries like Facebook or Twitter. Stay tuned for some exciting new things in 2012.
Also, if you are interested in how we feel about the Khan Academy and why we believe we are different, check out my latest Blog Post, Khan Academy: Are There REALLY No Better Alternatives?